poemsandponderings

the ordinary ponderings of a closet poetess

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lullaby

When the night falls,
And all the creatures stop stirring,
The wind whispers lullabies.
As we’re wrapped in the Dark’s shawl

I’ll sing a melody
As the world goes quiet.
I’ll hold you close to me
Keep you warm through the night.

Let your weary thoughts stray,
As you close your eyes,
To the fantasies unfolded
And the games that you played.

And I’ll sing a melody
To remind you of laughter.
I’ll dream you a story
Of happily ever after.

Free from all you might fear
Sleep soundly, my love.
Know if the night wakes you
I’ll still be right here.

Singing a melody
Of dawn and of light,
I’ll keep you safe with me
As we sleep through the night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Very nice. Two things that I've never regretted spending time doing--writing and traveling. I just wish I had more time to write. Last week I set aside an afternoon to do work on a short story and was happy with the effort as well as the result. Still not done though.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope to post there again . . . soon.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home